MASTER’S PROGRAM IN URBAN MANAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE (MBA – UMG)
OFFERED BY XAVIER SCHOOL OF HUMAN SETTLEMENTS
This application is closed
TWO-YEAR FULL-TIME MASTER'S PROGRAM IN URBAN MANAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE (UMG)
The MBA-UMG is a new 2-year, full-time residential Program to prepare professionals with the knowledge and skills to develop and run sustainable and adaptive cities and city systems. It brings together the relevant knowledge, techniques and tools from the fields of Management, Urban and Regional Planning, Policy and Governance. The curriculum is designed to meet the specific management expertise required by agencies involved in the financing, development and management of cities, towns and rapidly urbanizing peripheries.
Online applications can be submitted on the Xavier University website. The following categories of graduates are eligible for the
- Candidates who have secured the 1st, 2nd or 3rd position (i.e., any of the top three ranks) in their undergraduate program can apply directly without any Admission Test score by entering their rank information in the Xavier University Online Application Form. A certificate from the Head of the Institution stating their rank/ position must be furnished.
- Candidates with a three-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in any discipline with at least 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized University can apply with a valid Admission Test score of GATE/CEED/NATA/XMAT/CAT/XAT/NMAT as stated in the instructions in the Xavier University Online Application Form.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Planning, Geography (Hons.), and Economics (Hons.) with minimum 55% marks in aggregate AND candidates from other disciplines with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in their three-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) program are also encouraged to apply. Such candidates should write directly to email@example.com with their resume and Statement of Purpose (SOP).
(1) All shortlisted candidates (in all categories mentioned above) will have to appear for a Writing Ability Test and/or Personal Interview in one of the XUB Admission Centers.
(2) Final year degree students, who expect to complete their final examinations and other requirements for obtaining the degree by June 15, 2019, can also apply.
The Xavier University awards the MBA in Urban Management and Governance degree to students who successfully complete all curricular requirements equivalent to 111 credits, and fulfil other prescribed requirements of the MBA-UMG Program. The Degree is awarded to qualifying students in the Annual Convocation, usually in the month of March.
Students have the opportunity to specialize by selecting appropriate electives and completing a capstone project in any of the following areas:
- Water and Waste Management
- Urban Mobility
- Housing Development and Financing
- Economic Development & Livelihoods
MBA-UMG Curriculum Components
|General Management for Urban Specialists||Urban Development|
|Urban Management Functions||Practicum & Internships|