Covid-19 Pandemic has significantly disrupted the higher education sector transforming the age-old teaching model to a technology-driven model. This has forced universities all over India and the entire globe, to suspend traditional classroom teaching shifting to online classes.
With the current scenario of lockdowns everywhere, as far as social distancing is concerned, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar is one of the first Universities in Odisha to implement the necessary changes and launch a full-fledged e-learning program.
The faculty members in response to the COVID-19 Preparedness Xavier University have started:
- Providing lectures online in order that the academic activities will not get disrupted much.
- Sharing study materials, pre-recorded classes, and audio files with students over the internet.
- Making available online to clear the doubts of their students in interactive sessions.
- Providing an open-source learning management system with varied social media and online platforms like Insta, Twitter updates, Facebook, Zoom live streams and Youtube Video lessons depending on students’ internet quality and the nature of the course.
With stable IT infrastructure and technically comfortable faculty members, the University is running a batch-wise academic schedule on an integrated learning management system with live webinars, online lectures, and pre-recorded videos.
To support students in their studies, Xavier University digital library is providing them remote access to library resources, thesis, journals, guides and tutorials covering a wide range of subjects.
The University is taking initiatives to conduct online examinations to facilitate “timely graduation” for outgoing students without compromising on the standards of evaluation.
Ensuring a pollution-free green campus, the University is taking all measures and supervising all activities to create a healthy environment for the students to concentrate on their studies. The University’s facilities management crew is
- Working in front-line keeping the campus clean, organized, and safe preventing the spread of the virus.
- Periodically doing deep sanitizing all hard surfaces like handrails, door handles and elevator buttons, etc.
- Working tirelessly to keep the green campus safe and virus-free.
In this crisis phase, a well effective educational practice is a must need to develop critical thinking and building of young minds. It develops the skill sets that will help the aspirants achieve their employability, good health, well-being, and productivity in the years to come and this ensures the overall progress of the country.
In view of this, the digital campus of Xavier University, Bhubaneswar provides all the necessary online education facilities to the aspirants to achieve their ambition and dream goals.